Keychain: How to delete one certificate whose private key is also connected to other certificates without deleting this private key
Veröffentlicht am 25.11.2015, 14:57 Uhr
When you try to delete a certain certificate, Keychain by default also deletes the private key that certificate is connected to. As you don’t want to make all your other certificates that use the same private key useless, this can be a problem.
This is how you solve this problem:
- Create a backup of your original keychain. You may break something, and then want to go back to where you where before
- Create a new keychain ‚foo‘
- Move the certificate you want to get rid of to this new keychain
(This will also copy the private key of this cert and remove it from all your other certificates – which are not useless)
- Move only the private key back to your original keychain
(This will of course remove it from the cert you want to delete anyway and move it back to all the certs you want to keep – that are now whole again)
- Check if all the certificates in your original keychain are valid again and have their private key back
- Delete the ‚foo‘ keychain with only the cert inside
But Apple software is sooo convenient…
Diskussion zum Artikel
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.